Specter Desktop offers one of the simplest desktop interfaces available and is a great companion for managing your Passport wallets.
This video walks you through pairing Passport with Specter Desktop, verifying a receive address, and how to sign a transaction, completely air gapped, using QR codes.
- Choose Add new device > Passport
- Give the device a name eg 'Alice's Passport'.
- Choose Scan QR code
- Navigate to the account you want to connect, then choose Manage Account > Connect Wallet > Specter > Single-sig > QR code
- Present the animated QR codes being displayed by Passport, to the camera on your computer
- Click Continue
- Then choose Create single key wallet
- Give the wallet a name eg 'Passport Single Sig'
- Leave the type of wallet as 'Segwit'
- Check the 'Scan for existing funds?' box only if this is an existing wallet
- Then click Create wallet
- Scan the receive address QR code being displayed by Specter
This video will take you through the set up process of using Passport with Specter Desktop in a multi-sig setup.